HPC Meets Clouds in Mannheim
In our first in a series of reports and interviews from ISC Cloud ’11 in Mannheim, Germany, we sit down with conference chair, Wolfgang Gentzsch to discuss trends in high performance computing in the cloud–and where the increasing commonalities lie for those exploring HPC clouds for academic and industrial or enterprise use. Gentzsch discusses the prevalence of private and hybrid clouds and lends insight to broader movements in this rapidly evolving space.
- European Clouds Take Center Stage in September
- SpectraLogic to Highlight Tape’s Role in Clouds, HPC
- Stem cells and open clouds
- Head in the Clouds
- Clustercorp Closes $3 Million Investment Round, Sets Sights on Clouds
- Racemi Announces Automated Provisioning of Server Workloads From Private Clouds for Build-Out of Hybrid Clouds